First-time Home Buyers who are planning on buying their own homes -whether they are traditional houses or manufactured or mobile homes really need to do their homework!
A home is the most expensive single item most people will ever buy. You are the only one who can decide on the type of home and neighborhood you want to live in.
1. First, you need to know your affordable price range. You can go to your lender and at no cost ask for pre-approval for a mortgage loan. Usually banks can give you an actual pre-qualification letter and establish a mortgage amount that you likely can borrow.
2. As a buyer, the first thing you need to do is to have your own real estate agent who is working for you. If you are thinking of purchasing your first home, contact a Tolz Real Estate agent and we will guide you every step of the way to home ownership.
3. Let your real estate agent know your price range.
4. When looking at several homes, make notes and keep a checklist of your requirements handy so you can remember the important information about each house and how well it fits your needs.
5. You should have an independent home inspector make sure the house is in good condition and identify needed repairs.